Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Oh it's been so very long

I meant to post this a few months ago, but life got in the way.

So, November 1980 and we sat our GCE 'A/O' level General Studies exam. It was an exam all those in the VIth Form had to sit at that time. This was mainly due to the fact that it had been a compulsory qualification for those wanting to go to University. I didn't. I also knew I wasn't bright enough. So, in effect for me it was pointless as it didn't count towards the qualifications I needed for Polytechnic. That said it was nice to see the shock on the Head of Years face when the results came through. I was the Queen of re-sits, so apparently he was expecting more of the same from me.

Besides my English Language 'O 'level it was the easiest exam I ever sat. Two Grade A's coming right up...

Please enjoy one of my revision tunes courtesy of an outing on Q Radio's Q The 80's , but in the unfamiliar (to me) 12" version.


8 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,

    good to read from you, hope you are fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bea,

    Am fine. Hope you are too. I just emailed you. Hope you can reply to it.
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, no mail till now.

      please try beaklussmann @ aol.com

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. got the mail, so delete my other adress here ;-)

      Delete
  4. I'd totally forgotten this one!

    Oh and talking about how useless the A/O level general paper was, the only difference between that and the A level general paper was meant to be a foreign language translation. Do you think they would let those of us taking A level french or A level german have a go at the A level general paper? No, no and thrice no.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the first time they did that kind of stuff. I was refused to sit one of my GCE O Levels a year early. I was also refused the possibility of doing an A level in English Language. According to Batman it didn't exist. According to the exam board it did.

    ReplyDelete